If you're serious about protecting your brand and business, we can help. Securing your U.S. federal trademark for your trade name, logo, or slogan ensures you have the right to use, and others can't misuse the intellectual property you've invested in creating and marketing.
Keeping up with changing privacy law requirements is a full time job. Whether you need assistance with industry specific privacy policies, privacy training, or privacy consulting, our CIPP & CIPM certified team has your back.
You need ongoing contract review, dispute resolution, and legal advice from an attorney familiar with your business and industry, but you don’t yet need full-time or in-house counsel? Our Outsourced GC services assist you in bridging the gap and affording you the counsel you need.
Experience The Kinney Firm Difference
We understand your time is valuable. You operate your business online, and you want and need the convenience of getting your legal advice and services online. Skip the trip to a law office; we are a virtual firm and can consult with you online or over the phone to fit your needs and schedule.
While there are some instances where an hourly rate is necessary, we strive to quote per-project or flat-fee pricing, where possible. We will:
- provide per-project and flat-fee plans in advance.
- provide clear invoices for hourly matters.
- prioritize projects based on your selected plan and timeline.
You are not going to see a bunch of lawyer-speak with Kinney Firm. You can expect straight-forward written and verbal communication:
- to educate you about legal issues impacting your business.
- to enable you to make better and informed decisions.
- to empower you to feel more confident about your business.
You never have to wonder if you're getting value When you work with the Kinney Firm, you will experience the confidence that comes from:
- having a clear legal strategy to protect your business interests
- a clear legal budget to achieve your long-term goals and maintain compliance
- a skilled advisor to answer questions as they arise.
A La Carte PRICING
Request a flat-fee quote per project.
Unlike traditional law firms, Kinney Firm doesn’t require large retainers as a prerequisite for access to lawyers and legal advice.
While answers to many “quick questions” depend on a careful review of corporate docs, underlying contracts, applicable law, and analysis of the specific facts and circumstances, Kinney Firm offers pay-as-you-go a la carte pricing to give you more control over your legal budget and ensure you’re not surprised by runaway legal fees.
Self-schedule the time that works for you and conveniently pre-pay for consults online, in 15, 30, or 60 minutes increments.
Eliminate the back-and-forth calls and emails trying to find out when, if, and how much for you to talk to an attorney.)
Skip the trips, traffic, paying for parking to get to and fro your lawyers' office, Kinney Firm's consults are available by phone or online video conferences.
Do More, Save More, with
10 Hours per month
Rate: $250 p/h
- Priority clients have dedicated hours scheduled every month and have priority over flat-fee, per project clients.
- We will provide contract review, and make recommendations for improvement.
- We will provide scheduled consultations to answer legal questions and provide insights to help you navigate your current legal needs.
Dedicated Corporate Attorney
20 Hours per month
Rate: $200 p/h
- Everything in Priority Client Plan plus:
- A more significant commitment from you enables us to be proactive, advise and provide strategy on an ongoing basis instead of responding solely to disputes or unforeseen challenges.
- We will design a monthly plan to strategically prioritize your Kinney Firm hours based on your current business needs and goals.
Outsourced General Counsel
40 Hours per month
Rate: $150 p/h
- This retainer locks you in on a partner level delivering more dedicated time, at a reduced rate.
- It allows us to be more involved in operations, long-term business and legal strategy.
- Extended weekday and weekend availability.
- Quarterly Review of Contracts to adapt to changes in your business and laws in your industry.
Rian has helped my business on multiple occasions and each time I'm impressed on how thorough and targeted she is. Her document deliverables are always comprehensive without being bloated, and I appreciate that. She is always friendly and truly interested in understanding the problem I'm trying to solve.
Working with Rian was a breeze. She's able to take "legal mumbo jumbo" and translate it into actionable information. I appreciated her assistance in registering a trademark for my business and wouldn't hesitate to consult with/hire her again for help with my business. Thanks, Rian!
I'm beyond grateful to Rian Kinney of The Kinney Firm for navigating the incredibly complicated UDRP dispute process to successfully secure a domain name that illegally contained our trademark and was being used to spoof the WordPress.org website. I couldn't be happier with the entire process, Rian's professionalism, responsiveness, communication throughout, and the perfectly reasonable flat-fee. What a relief to know that Rian always has our back!
Rian is a knowledgeable lawyer, but beyond that, she is a compassionate person focused on fairness and equity. In addition, she is a technology-driven, forward-thinking attorney who understood my software business and advised us effectively.
Flexible Scheduling to Meet Your Needs
We offer a la carte hours, per project and flat-fee pricing (when possible) and dedicated counsel packages, to provide you greater flexibility in getting the advice and legal services you need. Let's jump on a call, discuss your current needs and the next steps to solve them.