Hire an expert and avoid costly Trademark Registration mistakes.
Kinney Firm can help you protect your brand, as well as the time and money you’ve invested to develop your business, products, and services, by registering trademarks for your business name, logos, and slogans.
KINNEY FIRM CAN ADVISE & ASSIST IN FILING YOUR TRADEMARK APPLICATION
Too often companies attempt to save money by filing trademark applications on their own or hiring non-lawyer filing services to file trademarks on their behalf, only to discover that their application is riddled with errors, is incomplete, or even worse, cannot be registered because the mark they chose is non-protectable or confusingly similar to an already registered or applied-for mark. And because filing fees are non-refundable, they end up spending more time and money than they were potentially saving.
Kinney Firm has extensive experience with not just with filing trademark applications but responding to USPTO Office Actions, correspondence with the USPTO Examining Attorney, initial refusals for mere descriptiveness and likelihood of consumer confusion, renewals, incontestability and oppositions.
THE KINNEY FIRM DIFFERENCE
Flat Fee Pricing - $750.00 for federal trademark services, includes the following
- Initial Trademark consultation
- Basic legal research and advice
- Basic USPTO, direct-hit search
- Preparing and filing federal trademark application
- Email delivery of trademark application
- Ongoing client communication
- * Response to simple Office Actions (examples of simple Office Actions include revision to the description of goods or services, revision to the design mark description, agreement to disclaimers, submission of a substitute specimen, or changes to/addition of International Classes [applicable USPTO filing fees not included])
- Mail forward of your trademark registration certificate, if issued
Trademark Strategy and planning
Kinney Firm provides comprehensive trademark consultations to assess your current and future intellectual property needs, as well as discuss the protectability of your desired mark, the best type of application (intent to use vs. actual use) and International Classes of Goods or Services, to meet your needs. We can provide a limited USPTO records search for potential conflicts and can assist you with hiring an independent, third-party search company and will guide you throughout the trademark process.
The Trademark process generally takes between 6-12 months, with the registration being retroactive to the date of filing. So if you have a mark you are using or are going to use in next six months, your trademark application should be filed sooner rather than later.
Advantages To Securing your U.S. Federal trademark
- Deter potential infringers or your competition from using your mark.
- Block importation of similarly branded goods from offshore manufacturers.
- Ability to bring an action in federal court with an advantage in terms of burden of proof.
- Ability to pursue statutory damages rather than having to prove concrete value of damages.
- May entitle you to triple the amount of the actual damages if there is a loss of business due to violation of trademark.
- U.S. registration is a local basis for international registration, providing you benefits afforded by overseas Trademark Offices, while still guaranteeing the full protection of U.S. trademark law.
SECURE & PROTECT YOUR TRADEMARK
If you have a trade name, logo, or slogan that you are currently using, or intend to use in the next 6 months, and want an experienced Intellectual Property Attorney to assist, prepare and file your Federal Trademark Application, Kinney Firm can help you.